Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christian walk summed up in TWO words.

I am a simple girl. Well, not really cause I often make a mountain out of a mole hill and need my peeps to bring me back to reality. I was listening to the radio and the talk show was about the basics of being a Christian. This really hit home for me. Here is how it went...

If you consider yourself a Christian, your walk can really be summed up in two words.
Trust and Obedience.

Yep. Those two words really have it in a nut shell.
1. Do you trust God at His word?
2. And are you obedient to it?

I either trust God and believe what He tells me is in fact true OR I don't. The answer to that determines my actions and reactions to everything in life. Also, am I being obedient or disobedient? This is the question I can and should ask myself in regards to EVERYTHING that happens in my life. It is either one or the other. Ouch. The closer I get to God, the more I KNOW Him, the more I realize I am being disobedient and not trusting of Him at his word. Again, ouch!! Being a Christian is not for the faint of heart. No sir. It is the most painful, heart wrenching, pride-breaking, joyous, glorious, amazing thing I have done or will ever do. I will conclude by saying,I truly am....a pile of poo! But, the God of creation loves me anyway!! Why? Just cause! Thank you Jesus! Gotta love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment